Tuesday, October 23, 2018
06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
Oakland County Bar Association
1760 South Telegraph Road, Suite 100
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
This seminar is part of the OCBA's new "Law Practice Management Series" focusing on the best practices for starting and maintaining a law practice.
Speakers: Sal Curcuru, CPA, JD, MBA; Curcuru & Associates CPA PLC; Derek S. Zachariah, CRPC, MBA; Ameriprise Financial.
Course Description: Part of any lawyer's business plan should be succession and retirement planning. Sometimes the "passing of the torch" is slow and methodical and there is time to plan and invest for retirement and identify a successor. Sometimes a death or disability prevents a smooth transition. Our experts will discuss the key factors and strategies involved in successful transition plan. Topics of discussion will include:
- The Ethics Behind Transferring a Law Practice: MRPC Related to Sales, Retirement, and Death
- Methods of Transferring Ownership
- Finding a Qualified Successor
- Business Valuation: What is your firm worth?
- The Tax Consequences Involved in Transferring Your Law Practice
- Financial planning for retirement
$40.00 OCBA members
$30.00 OCBA New Lawyers (P75866 ), Paralegals and Students
$50.00 non-OCBA members
At the door:
$50.00 OCBA members
$40.00 OCBA New Lawyers (P75866 ), Paralegals and Students
$75.00 non-OCBA members
Pre-registration ends October 22, 2018.