Pre-registration is recommended since seating is limited. Pre-registration ends June 5, 2017.
Speakers: Scott Beckerman, Comerica; Julie Bogas, PricewaterhouseCoopers; William Hall, FCA US LLC; Kyle Jones, FCA US LLC; Joseph Veryser, Lawrence Technological University Center for Sustainability. Moderator: Emile Lauzanna, Detroit Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council
Course Description: As consumers and employers learn the value of a greener social footprint, businesses and municipalities are incorporating sustainability into their planning strategies. This seminar will provide attorneys with an overview of the issues inherent in creating a sustainability plan and the tools they need to help clients implement one. Topics of discussion will include:
- What is “Sustainability” or the Triple Bottom Line?
- The Value of Incorporating a Sustainability Plan: The "Stakeholder Theory"
- The basic “nuts and bolts” of planning, adopting, implementing and preparing a sustainability plan and report
- The role of governing bodies like the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board and the Securities and Exchange Commission
- The rule of consulting firms in the planning process
- How-to’s for large and small corporations
- Promoting Sustainability for the Future
- How universities are adopting plans for their campus and university mission and educating their students regarding sustainability issues
Early Registration (on or before 5/30/2017)
$40 – OCBA and USGBC Members
$30 – OCBA New Lawyers (P75866), Paralegals and Students
$60 – All Non-Members
$50 – OCBA and USGBC Members
$40 – OCBA New Lawyers (P75866), Paralegals and Students
$75 – All Non-Members
At the Door:
$65 – OCBA and USGBC Members
$90 – All Non-Members
Seminar and continental breakfast sponsored by: