For the Public
Discover our exciting programs and connect to the legal community.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about the law or legal profession, we are happy to help you make that connection. The Oakland County Bar Association is pleased to offer a variety of resources for non-lawyer members of the public. You are invited to review these programs and services and contact the OCBA to take advantage of any programs of interest!
Educational programs are provided at no, or low, cost thanks to the generous support of the Oakland County Bar Foundation. Click on any of the choices below to learn more or to register for an event.
- Mock Trial for Elementary Schools – A legal education program for students in grades 2-6 in Oakland County schools that is facilitated by volunteer attorneys. Students learn about the court system through interactive role play and a field trip to a local courtroom.
- Constitution Day – A two-hour interactive program for eighth-grade students in Oakland County Schools. Constitution Day is designed to increase civics engagement and participation. Volunteer attorneys share the message and meaning behind the Constitution.
- Youth Law Conference – A one-day interactive program for high school juniors and seniors. Students discover exciting facts about the legal process with topics that are important to them. The Youth Law Conference is always a hit with students.
- Judicial Candidate Forums – The OCBA and its partners host Judicial Candidate Forums for local judicial races where there are contested seats. Voters can learn more about judicial candidates through candidates’ answers to important and thoughtful questions.
- Senior Law Day – This invaluable program provides information about the legal issues important to our growing senior citizen population. Senior citizens and/or their adult children get the help they need with answers to their important legal questions.
- Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) – This helpful resource has been matching callers with competent attorneys to answer their questions for more than 20 years! The OCBA provides referrals for individuals who may not otherwise know how or where to locate a lawyer in Oakland County.
- Free Legal Aid Clinics – Do you need free legal help and don’t know where to turn? In partnership with Lakeshore Legal Aid, Legal Aid and Defender, and the Family Law Assistance Project, the OCBA hosts free Legal Aid Clinics in various Oakland County locations throughout the year.
- Additional Legal Resources – A listing of various legal resources for individuals in Oakland County.