Strengthen Your Skills
Strengthen Your Skills
- Professional Development Seminars and Trainings – The OCBA's Professional Development Committee strives to offer exciting and interesting professional development seminars and events to improve the practice of law. Upcoming trainings and seminars are listed on the calendar of events. Learning doesn’t stop after law school!
- LACHES – Stay current on changes and updates in the law, Oakland County Circuit Court, Oakland County Probate Court and the Oakland County district courts through substantive articles.
- Pro Bono Mentor Match Program – Become a mentor and be matched with a new lawyer who has agreed to take a pro bono case from one of our legal aid partners. Cases referred are in the areas of family law, including simple no-asset divorce disputes, landlord-tenant, expungements and debt collection. Foreclosure and immigration cases, as well as more complex cases, are also available under the expanded pro bono program. For more information or to volunteer for the Pro Bono Mentor Match program contact the professional development coordinator at 248-334-3400.
- Become a Case Evaluator – The OCBA Case Evaluation Service processes all applications and hosts orientation meetings for both District and Circuit Court Case Evaluators in Oakland County. The OCBA administers District Court Case Evaluation, and the Circuit Court's Caseflow Office handles the administration and assignment of Circuit Court Case Evaluation. For more information contact Bonnie Laux.
- Inns of Court – The OCBA's chapter of American Inns of Court (the “Inn”) is composed of lawyers, judges, students and other legal professionals of all levels and backgrounds. Members build and strengthen professional relationships, discuss fundamental concerns about professionalism and pressing legal issues of the day, share experiences and advice, encourage passion and dedication for the law, provide mentoring opportunities, and advance the highest levels of integrity, ethics and civility.
Convinced that it is time to join?
Visit the membership rates page for additional information on cost or take a look at the online store to purchase your membership online. You can also download and print the application and mail it in with payment!