Lawyer Referral Service
The Oakland County Bar Association offers its members an opportunity to build their practices by participating in a referral service for minimal out-of-pocket cost! Additionally, the Lawyer Referral Service allows the OCBA and its members to offer a vital service to members of the community who may not otherwise know where to go to find a lawyer.
As a panelist you agree to provide a 30-minute consultation at no cost to the prospective client. At the conclusion of the initial consultation, you have no further obligation to the client. If the client decides he or she would like to continue to receive assistance from you, you would then discuss fees and payment options, and collect any other information your firm needs from the client.
- Approximately 90 lawyers participate on the LRS panel
- Referrals are provided on a rotational basis by area of legal expertise needed and by geographical location
- The LRS provides a monthly average of 500 referrals
- These categories currently receive the highest number of referrals:
- General Contracts
- General Criminal
To participate on the LRS Panel, you must:
- Be a member of the OCBA
- Complete the registration form, sign the LRS Agreement and list the referral codes that you would like to be listed under. Click here to download the complete LRS registration packet.
- Provide an up-to-date liability cover sheet showing coverage of at least $100,000.
- Return all of the above with a check* for the $150.00 registration fee for the full fiscal year (if signing up after December, the registration fee is prorated to $75)
*If you would like to pay by credit card online, click here and you will be taken to the OCBA's secure online store to purchase your LRS membership. After checkout, our LRS staff will email you the documents referenced above to complete and return to our office.
Contact the Lawyer Referral Service at (248) 338-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org