Cultivating Your Growth Throughout Your Career!
There is no better time to join the premier organization for legal professionals in Oakland County.
The more than 2,600 members of the Oakland County Bar Association can't be wrong. Now is the time to join and see what you have been missing! You can help to shape a positive image of the profession, make connections with your peers and colleagues, and help educate the public about the law and your role as a lawyer.
What can an OCBA membership do for you AT EACH STAGE OF YOUR CAREER?
SPROUTING - Grow your client base and build professional networks
- Build your contacts through committees and networking events
- Learn from seasoned practitioners
- Bolster your relationships with members of the bench
- Grow your practice through Lawyer Referral Service
- Get on-the-job training while giving back through our Pro Bono Mentor Match program
- Market yourself or your firm to help find job opportunities
FLOURISHING - Hone your skills and advance your career
- Strengthen your legal skills through OCBA seminars
- Connect with like-minded colleagues
- Enhance your resume by getting published in Laches magazine or teaching a seminar
- Give back to the community through Youth Law Conference, legal aid clinics and more
MATURING - Stay connected with colleagues and advocate for the profession
- Reconnect with friends at special annual events
- Prepare to transition your practice with guidance from the Lawyers of a Certain Age (LOCA) Committee
- Mentor new lawyers and share best practices
- Volunteer at public service events
- Stay active and up-to-date with the profession
Click here to learn more about the many benefits of joining the OCBA.
New lawyers can take advantage of the OCBA's free one-year trial membership.
Contact Katie Tillinger at 248-334-3400 or Membership Director with any questions.