Probate Court: GAL and Appointed Attorney Training
Share this program:
March 19, 2020
Oakland County Bar Association
Find out everything you need to know to receive appointments through Oakland County Probate Court! Topics of discussion will include:
- Legal overview of adult guardianships and conservatorships
- Duties of defense attorneys and guardians ad litem
- The appointment process
- Legal overview of involuntary mental health treatment
- Legal overview of developmentally disabled guardianships
- Hon. Kathleen A. Ryan, Chief Judge, Oakland County Probate Court
- Barbara P. Andruccioli, Esq., Oakland County Probate Court Register
- Jeffrey R. Coval, Esq.
- Edward A. Hutton III, Esq., Oakland County Probate Court Administrator
- Heather L. Lewis, Esq., Oakland County Corporation Counsel
- Nicole Rude, Court Appointment Specialist Expand summary
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
This program has not been submitted for credit in any jurisdiction. Registrants will receive a Certificate of Attendance/Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in various jurisdictions.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.