Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- provides strategic leadership for the OCBA Board, OCBA staff, and members;
- collaborates with affinity bars and local organizations to engage Oakland County attorneys and motivate them to be leaders committed to an inclusive bar and represents OCBA at local bar association and legal events to promote its commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- works together with law firm representatives to embrace diversity and inclusion, to develop strategic retention efforts that successfully attract and retain diverse OCBA members and leaders;
- teams up with the Membership Committee to develop, recommend, and implement initiates targeted at broadening the OCBA’s outreach to the diverse array of attorneys practicing in Oakland County who are not currently OCBA members or not actively engaged OCBA members;
- coordinates and hosts public events at firms and within local communities that address how to create and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives, discuss recent events impacting diversity and inclusion, and facilitate group discussions on related issues within bar associations, law firms, and other legal organizations; and
- serves as a resource liaison on diversity and inclusion by maintain a list of experts in diversity and inclusion training, coaching, and consulting services in our community.
The mission of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to leverage best practices and resources to promote an inclusive culture that attracts, retains and promotes leadership among attorneys with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and characteristics within the legal profession and the OCBA.
Visit the Calendar of Events for the most up-to-date meeting dates and locations.
To join the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, email Katie Tillinger or call the OCBA at (248) 334-3400.